2019 RULES OF RACING
1. The race at the classic motorcycle festival MotoNostalgia 2019 will take place on Sunday, July 21stapproximately between 11:30 and 18:00. We kindly ask you to park your bike to the exhibition area when you arrive at the festival so that you can move to the start of the race on time. Please follow the instructions of the organisers at any time.
2. The format of the race is the double track of LaitseRallyPark, where two paired contestants will start at the same time and will not have any contact in the racing situation. Safety of all participants is our priority. Every contestant will compete against time, measured by stopwatches. Racing protocols will be published on the information desk stand.
3. There are 9 different racing categories at the MotoNostalgia race. Take-offs will take place starting from the motorcycles that have the smallest cubature.
Racing categories are as follows:
2. Solo bikes > 200 cm3 Plus
3. Solo bikes 200 > 250 cm3 Plus
4. Female motorcyclists
5. Standard motorcycles with sidecar < 350 cm3 Plus
6. Standard motorcycles with sidecar < 650 cm3 Plus
7. Monster Energy Class
8. Solo sport bikes
9. Solo sport bikes with sidecar
4. Schedule of the take-offs will be published on-site on information stands together with broadcasted calls for the following race class contestants to move to the start/take-off area of the race. Green flag marks the start of the race. Chequered flag marks the finish.Red flag is waved to announce that the race must be stopped immediately.
5. Promptly before the start of the race in every category, there will be held a trial run. Everyone racing in the corresponding category, will be launched to the track after short periods of time and have a chance to familiarise themselves with the track. We ask you to not speed in this trial run or pass the contestant(s) before you. Please follow the guidelines of the track manager after the ride.
6. ATTENTION! Additional verbal safety instructions will be given on July 21st at LaitseRallyPark at 11:00 in front of the Award Ceremony podium.Every contestant is racing on the track on their own responsibility. MotoNostalgia,as the organiser, doesn’t take any responsibility in case of the negligence of the contestants or nonobedience of the rules.
7. Always wear a helmet on the racetrack.You will not be allowed to race without it. Please make sure your motorcycle is fullyfunctional and safe and that the safety of your sidecar passenger(s) is ensured.
8. Racing under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not permitted. If an intoxication is detected before the race, you will be eliminated from the race.
9. Racing is only allowed for persons over 12 years of age. Underage contestants can race with a written permission from their parent(s).
10. Racing numbers will be handed out against a signature, based on the registration checklist before the race in the EastHighway/MotoNostalgia booth located in the middle of LaitseRallyPark tribune building.Contestants will be participating on their own accord, the document that needs to be signed, can be viewed HERE, you can also download, print and sign it before your arrival. Please place the racing number on you in a way that it is visible from the front and back. After the race, please return the numbers to the track manager immediately.
11. Please follow the signalling of the track manager when you are moving to the take-off area. Firstly, when gathering in the starting corridor, the track manager will signal you and your paired contestant when you can ride to the starting line. After that, green flag will signal you and your paired contestant of the beginning of the race.
12. On the double track, you will ride two circuits – the outer circuit and the inner circuit.Time will be stopped when both contestants will have passed through both circuits and the finish line. We ask you to slow down your speed in front of the tribune immediately as the exit from the racetrack is right after the tribune. Please follow the guidelines of the track manager.
13. We would like to remind you that overly speeding is an option. MotoNostalgia is not a race for the best time but more of an event for enjoying the nostalgic element of it and fuelling your emotions. We ask everyone to try ensuring that no one gets hurt and everyone receives a good experience. It will be good to remember and share it all with friends and family after the race through photos made by a professional photographer.
If something should happen to you while on the track, please follow the guidelines below:
1. Come off your motorcycle and make sure your current location is safe.
2. There is a RacetrackSafety Champion located in the highest point of the track, who is observing what’s happening on the track and will notify the organising team immediately if something unusual has occurred.
3. A Relief Team will collect you with an ATV if necessary. The motorcycle will be moved to the edge of the track to safety and will be transported to the owner later.
4. There will be an Ambulance Team at the race who is ready to help immediately.
14. Awards will be given on the podium of LaitseRallyPark at approximately 18:00. Final race will be held in a different format during which the ultimate final three will be determined. In addition, there will be an Award Ceremony with special prizes for the most stylish MotoNostalgia festival visitors.
We wish you a nice time and an enjoyable nostalgic race. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact/ask the organising team.
Phone: +372 508 9038